MDaemon version 16 and above supports two-factor authentication that will require the user to enter a verification code before they can log into Webmail or Remote Administration.
This article utilizes the Google Authenticator application, however, other authenticator apps may work as well.
Please note, the Webmail web-server must be enabled in order to utilize two-factor authentication for Remote Administration.
Google Authenticator is available for both Android or iOS devices.
HTTPS must be enabled for Webmail users to enable two factor authentication.
- Log in to Webmail
- Select Options
- Select Security
- Enter the current account password.
- Select Setup Two Factor Authentication
- Open the Google Authenticator application
- Scan the barcode displayed in Webmail to setup the account on the device
- A barcode scanner is required to be installed on the device and does not come with the Google Authenticator.
- Alternatively, click Show Secret to generate a code to enter into the authentication app.
The next time the account logs into Webmail or Remote Administration via HTTPS, the password and a 6 digit code generated by the Google Authenticator app will be required to login.