MDaemon 16.0 and above will allow contacts to sync with the Apple's native Contacts application in macOS. Please be aware these is a limitation in the Contacts application that will only allow the personal contact list to be synchronized.
Follow the steps below to sync personal MDaemon contacts to the Contacts application on a Mac computer.
NOTE: As of OS X 10.11 (EL Capitan), the Apple Contacts application only supports a single collection/folder. When the CardDAV server detects the Apple Contacts application, it will only return the authenticated user's default contacts folder. In addition, OS X 10.11 (EL Capitan) has a known issue that prevents a CardDAV account from being added using the "Advanced" view of the dialog.
Verify the CardDAV services are enabled in MDaemon.
- Select Setup
- Select Web & IM Services
- Select CalDAV & CardDAV
- Verify Enable CalDAV & CardDAV server is checked.
- Verify the CalDav/CardDav ports are open against any firewall in place.
On the Mac computer:
- Open the Contacts application on the Mac
- Select Contacts
- Select Accounts...
- Select Add Other Account...
- Select CardDAV account
- Change the Account Type to Manual
- Enter the MDaemon account address in the User Name field
- Enter the MDaemon account password in the Password field
- Enter the Server Address (host name or IP address)
- Use https:// if SSL is enabled for WorldClient