How to upgrade the SecurityGateway Firebird database to version 3
SecurityGateway versions 7.0 and above support Firebird version 3. New installations will automatically build a version 3 database, while upgrades from versions prior to SecurityGateway 7.0 will not be upgraded.
Follow the steps below to covert the Firebird database to version 3.
- Stop the SecurityGateway service.
- Open a command prompt as administrator.
- Use the change directory command to point to the \SecurityGateway\App folder.
- Enter the following command; sgdbtool convertfb3
- Restart SecurityGateway when the command is finished.
If the database has already been upgraded, the output below will be displayed and the SecurityGateway services can be restored.
- Database file [<drive_letter>:\<directory_path>\SecurityGateway\App\SecurityGateway.fbd] is already in Firebird 3.x format