What entries can I use in MDaemon's Host Screen settings to block spammers and/or other malicious senders?
In the \MDaemon\App directory, locate the HostScreen.dat file and edit it with a text editor. Add the following entries:
all localhost refuse
all friend refuse
all user refuse
all ylmf-pc refuse
- all -* refuse
- all *_* refuse
- all #.#.#.# refuse
- all *.invalid refuse
- all *# refuse
- all */* refuse
- all *|* refuse
If you would rather enter the entries in the MDaemon Configuration session, see the steps below.
- Click Security
- Click Security Manager/Settings
- In the left hand pane, locate the Screening section
- Click on Host Screen
- Click New
- In the Local IP drop down box, select All IPs
- In the Remote host box, enter one of the recommended values between 'all' and 'refuse' from the above list
- Select the Refuse EHLO/PTR value radio button
- Click Add
- Repeat the steps for each recommended value.
- Click Ok
Note that there may be a chance of false positive hits, but it is minimal.